If you want to get into the immensely rewarding field of early childhood education but do not have the time to attend classes or if commuting distances make attending them impossible, online learning offers you a way ahead. There is a great deal of flexibility in the study timings and no long commutes to eat up your time. However, there are two major issues about online learning that need to be considered. The first is the nature of the organization offering the courses and the second is how good / useful / effective they are.
California College of Early Childhood Education is a leader in its field and the reputation it has earned for itself guarantees that the courses offered are among the best available. As for the online classes themselves, the facilities available to the student are superb. The college meets the State of California, Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division requirements under Title 22 regulations for preschool / day care center teachers and directors.
High Tech Virtual Online Classes
The curriculum and system of pedagogy are designed to provide teaching of the highest quality.
- Online classes are scheduled on Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Teaching is done in a real time virtual interactive environment.
- The instructor is present in the virtual classroom to not just teach but also to provide students with any help or guidance they may need.
- The virtual interactive study halls are open 24/7 so that students can work at their own times.
- One on one personal interactions with the instructors can be scheduled using the virtual classroom portal or on the phone.
No special equipment is required to be part of the online learning experience. All that students require are:
- High speed internet access
- A web cam
- A headset with a microphone
- Basic computer skills
If you have these, you are good to go and there is nothing to stop you from enrolling in the online course. Enrollment is open year round so you can get started when it’s convenient to you. If you would like to see the course descriptions and the online class schedule, download the college brochure.
Why Online Learning?
Although online learning has become widespread, many people still question whether it is as good as face to face teaching. A look at just a few of the benefits that online learning offers will show you how effective it is.
- The quality of education provided online is second to none. A study conducted by the U.S. Department of Education shows that higher education students who are enrolled in online courses perform on par with those who enroll in traditional on campus courses.
- Students have a great deal of flexibility in planning their work schedules. This enables them to study at the times that suit them which in turn leads to greater understanding and internalization of the subject matter.
- Studying on their own, albeit with the complete support of the educational institution, makes students more independent. This in turn, gives them an edge when they venture out and begin their professional careers.
- Computer literacy is now essential in almost every profession, including early childhood education. Online learning provides students with real world experience and proficiency in using the internet, typing and the use of a variety of software programs and communications protocols.
- The time and money saved on commuting can be used to support the study process.
There are many more benefits from online learning. These will vary from individual to individual. If a career in early childhood education is for you, go to the California College of Early Childhood Education website and find out more about the college, online classes and if you prefer, face to face classes.